Ontario Snowmobiling Facts
1. On a snowmobile, the same rules of the road and penalties apply as
for driving a car, including possible fines, loss of driver's license,
criminal record, and/or imprisonment.
2. You are required to carry your driver's license, snowmobile registration,
and proof of insurance at all times.
3. To drive a snowmobile legally, a valid driver's license or a snowmobile
operator's permit is mandatory.
4. You and your passengers must wear a helmet while riding a snowmobile.
5. In order to ride OFSC snowmobile trails, a valid trail use permit
must appear on the windshield of your sled. Permits can be purchased from
your local snowmobile club.